View Single Post
Old 2014-07-19, 22:59   Link #1262
Traece
:cool:

So on the one hand there was a lot in this episode that didn't fully make sense, as there has been with every other episode of Aldnoah Zero. It doesn't seem that the vast quantity of inconsistencies is going away any time soon or that the people behind this will make an effort to pay attention to the details they're creating.

I mean, when your great idea for an enemy mech is that it's literally blind and needs remote cameras to see, but also needs receivers for those cameras and couldn't also just fit on a camera too... Hell, why not put the receivers in the damn feet? It's not like you need line of sight for wireless communication, especially not when you have technology that can absorb literally everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
After reading through the last few pages of the thread...

I also found it a bit odd how decisively and zealously the Princess went against her own people here, especially since it seems as though she's still unaware of the assassination plot against her on the part of her own people. I can certainly understand and respect her thinking that her people are brutally overreacting to terrans assassinating her, but nonetheless, such an assassination is generally considered an act of war. It should hardly surprise her that the ceasefire is over, and that war is happening. So I'd kind of expect her to take a more diplomatic stance towards her own people. I hope her character and thinking gets fleshed out a bit more in future episodes, because at the moment, it does seem a bit off to me.
Yeaaaaah... That's something I hadn't even considered. Those are some very blatant meta hijinks. Thanks for pointing that out.

Throwing all the crap spewed out by this episode aside, I can say that I was at least entertained. Even if AZ has the attention-to-detail of a kindergartener's stick figure drawing of his family, at least it's fun to look at and talk about.

Plus, the one redeeming part of this episode was the very end. Now THAT is how you end an episode and make your audience happy. That one scene gives me a slight bit of hope that AZ will turn itself around.

So what's going to happen now? My favorite theory is Cruhteo, Slaine, and the gang fighting against other Orbital Knights who were in on the assassination plot. My expectation is that that's too complicated for this staff to handle in terms of details and that Slaine joins up with the princess and they fight Orbital Knights like normal.