View Single Post
Old 2014-07-19, 23:09   Link #1266
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But it's still her own people we're talking about. At the very least, it's reasonable to expect some conflicting feelings from her part. Yet, she showed nothing but eagerness to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think most Heads of State (or people just below the Head of State) would at least stop to consider "Maybe this 'harmless civilian' isn't as harmless as she appears." You know, give your own military the benefit of the doubt before giving the benefit of the doubt to a complete and utter stranger.

I'm not saying the Princess should be completely passive here, or just stand by and calmly watch bloodshed happen, but getting in on the firing action herself is, again, crossing a pretty big line, in my view.
Except I don't think she considers the regional Lords 'her' people. Consider how the Lords view each other, like Trillian's boss on Cruhteo (?) with the bombardment. The fact that the Lords ignored the King's call to go back to Mars in the first place they're more like independent nations that really only play lip service to the King. Obviously Trillian's faction seems nothing of assassinating her and she doesn't seem too surprised about it either.

Also, she places stopping the war at a much higher priority than anything else, so I don't see why she'd hesitate to follow along a plan that might help achieve her goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
She wasn't planning to reveal herself. She only did it to buy time for Inaho to attack.
She planned to contact the Lords somehow. In episode 1 she wanted to go to the embassy but finds out that that's impossible and ends up getting dragged along with Inaho. She probably thought Inaho's plan was her best bet to get in contact. If they defeat the suit she could still use the communication device and of course it gave her the opportunity to reveal herself, although that backfired since Trilliam wanted to kill her in the first place.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote