View Single Post
Old 2006-09-24, 02:04   Link #2052
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
The problem with the extra finish kits is that either you leave the sprue connection marks and no remove the seams, which gives you the extra finish "sparkle" but seams and "scars". If you seal the seams and sand away the nubs, the extra finish gets all messed up. Considering the Extra Finish ones cost a little more than the originals, it really isn't worth it either way IMO.
- Just FYI: There is a way to get around the sprue bite-off problem: Bandai sells a Metallic Color Gundam Marker. Use this and certain clear paints, and you can paint-over those small bits with little to no trace of the sprue dividing lines.

The metallic color of the Gundam Marker is an almost-perfect match for the metallic white of the Gundam MK-II Extra Finish version. Using clear red and clear blue (Note: this is based on Gunze Sangyo's paints), you can paint the metallic color on the other parts, then after drying you can paint the clear color over the metallic paint. The Marasai works the same way; apply Clear orange over the metallic paint. There's also a Gold paint color Gundam Marker you can use for the metallic yellow (gold) parts. I'd imagine that the Extra Finish Freedom Gundam and Extra Finish Impulse Gundam can be painted the same way.

This was put in the Hobby Japan "Gundam Weapons: Zeta Gundam A New Translation Edition" Mook I have. I'm no fan of metallic kits (I prefer to paint my kits matte--the Strike Noir being the only exception), but this can help you a lot. Hope that helps.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote