View Single Post
Old 2010-01-17, 09:02   Link #82
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It doesn't matter who the director is this would still happen. I feel Kon Chiaki completely stuffed up Umineko big time (and I'm not talking about it just being rushed) but I can't fault her for Nodame, she's been put in a bad position.
No, even with an 11-episode limit, there was still one way this could have been done better, maybe as well as the first season. It could have been so had Kon Chiaki and/or J.C. Staff contented themselves with covering half as much material as they actually did in ~Paris~, instead of rushing the pace and fucking everything up like they did then, and it seems like they're doing now. Even if it eventually worked out to 4 11-episode sequels, I would have been fine with it.

Besides, whether or not Kon was put in a bad position or not, or even if J.C. Staff was put in a bad position or not, or whatever excuse could be thought up....it remains that the execution of this episode still isn't anywhere near S1. Kon just isn't meant to direct something Kasai had made his own.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote