View Single Post
Old 2009-12-14, 11:12   Link #57
Crontica

I agree with everyone here i liked season 1 better. While the musical scenes where too long to the point that fastforwarding looked delicious but season 1 carved the musical elements & experiences into the characters lives so well that the anime felt like it was in another class of its own.

That royal classical feeling is what made Nodame cantabile, Nodame Cantabile.

Now season 2 threw everything that made it worthwhile out the window.
The musical character development was rushed, the rival conflicts were rushed or pretty much avoided altogether, another mistake was steamrolling over the musical tournament arc, we saw Chiaki and Nodame in it afew times then that was it.

The romance part was another headache i had to deal with. Chiaki accepting Nodame just like that!? No investigation into why she is acting so weird no reveal!?

Point being is that season 2 had enough flexible material to span 24 episodes.
Moving to paris is a big thing. 4 ~ 5/24 episodes was easily spent touring the place and building on the characters relations as they go.

Reason why i love Lacorda odoro not because it was shojo romance, the series could have easily held its own by not including music but because the show managed to literally make the characters dance around their musical stories and achievements while keeping ahead on its sparkly eye candy induced cast.

Last edited by Crontica; 2009-12-14 at 11:23.
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote