View Single Post
Old 2007-06-02, 03:49   Link #190
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It attacks the magical properties of the target.

How's that sounds?
Lame, actually. If there's no risk of inury, there's no thrill.

Quote:
Lesson of what?
Sorry, I was still refering to Teana's example (which is basically where this whole mess started. )

Quote:
Could you tell me which attacks did Nanoha use?

And in my opinion, Barrier Jackets (The hat included) are mostly magic-base, seeing as how they can come out of nowhere.
At that moment? It was a Divine Buster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Keroko
The idea wasn't that it damages their soul, it was that it damages or disturbs their magic linker-core thingy.
But you might be right, it might be that magic damage can't penetrate the body, based on how an AMF doesn't effect the mages, other then disabling them.
Not to mention the only time Linker Cores were damaged was during the Yami no Sho incident. All other times, the damage was physical.

Quote:
KHA?!?!

Where the hell are you?! Why am I fending them off on my own?!?!
Your precious Kleriker cannot help you here, foolish one....

Quote:
You are assuming ALL of Nanoha's beam attacks are magical damage only

Recall how she trashed Precia's tin cans back in season 1.
Ahh, but all of Nanoha's spells are purely magical in nature. But if you think magical spell, but physical impact, the tin-can incident suddenly makes sense.

Quote:
And no, I don't think they can just make their magic vanish all of a sudden without external help. It's like in any RPG game, you can't just have your mana gone for no reason.

And in this case, a mage without mana is someone who practically run 100 miles and is now exhausted.
That I agree on.

Quote:
If you're thinking of something from Negima...
Yes, Negima does seem to reverse engineer the Nanoha effect, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
There's lightining associated with Fate's attack.. my guess.
The Scythe is purely magical.

I suppose I should explain my biggest gripe with this theory. This theory practically screams 'there is no risk of injury in Nanoha' going by this theory, it destroys all the tension in the first two seasons, because hey, they're only attacking the souls. No risk of killing them or anything. It's just... incredibly lame, as Hero in Disguise put it.

Juck, no thanks. If I wanted that I'd watch a normal magical girl show where people toss around pink hearts. Give me fatal injuries any day.