View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 20:42   Link #1292
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Argh. Even this episode managed to annoy me. Leaving aside any plot issues since it wasn't anything amazing from episode 1 and I was willing to let it pan out before criticising, there were other elements that bothered me from this episode:

Characters. Not only do we have Shu as a questionable character (being "beta", whiny) which I was willing to be patient since a lot of "emo shonen-type" leads tend to take a while to develop, we now have Inori as a questionable character. She's completely dependent and a total doormat. Any "style" she had from the opening eps from shot out the window in this episode. Thanks Inori! You made me look dumb by half-fagging about you in the past.

Secondly the fan-service. Unlike the majority of the first two episodes, where it was actually tasteful and had purpose... this was not the case in this case. Shu walking in on Inori changing and Funnel being "angry". Facepalm Number 1. Shu taking out voids from various classmates of his but then grabs the breasts of his class rep. Facepalm Number 2.

I'll let this episode slide and consider it one of those obligatory "school comedy" filler eps, although technically it wasn't filler since the plot actually moved. Not the best plot development or the best way to handle the whole issue with Yahiro, but that wasn't the major issue for me. Definitely the weakest ep of the three so far. I'll give it 6/10.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-10-27 at 21:19.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote