View Single Post
Old 2017-04-01, 11:54   Link #2415
4th Dimension

I had this thing for a while, but did not post it since this dates to the days before I even knew how particles worked. Or that there is a difference between つ (tsu) and っ (doubles the following consonant) or that ゃ/や and よ/ょ are also different.
I rechecked it now that I know "some" things and am posting the corrected variant. I think it's pretty good baring couple of sections. Most of my remarks are about small things that can be argued either way I think.

Gears of Destiny - Prologue:
Spoiler for Sequence 1: Gears of Destiny Prologue::

Notes/Annotations:
* examining/investigating/checking up/studying/searching
** study/research/investigate
*** It's more along the lines of Land that is becoming sad/sad feeling, or something.
*4 I'm terrible at babu speak. I know that the English doesn't really have a way to distinguish between older and younder sister, but I keep trying. other Translation would be "Siiiissteerr?" or "Siiiiiiisss?"
*5 I'm not 100% sure about the tense. Is she asking where the Doctor curently is, or will be? I think it's the later.
*6 I think the literal translation is "Then we will be able to leave?", but context wise this is I think more in line what is Kyrie's meaning since she is not sad she is in the house but because Grantz is not around.
*7 I'm a bit hazy on weather she means that they will go farther than or along or what. Also Forest sampling trips is kind of bad, but that is her meaning. In Florian house even picnics are there to gather samples for Professor's research. He is kind of like Jail, only good, utterly dedicated to his work BUT is also trying to do right to his "daughters".
*8 Another interpretation could be "grow up". On the other hand considering their nature....
*9 Again my lack in babu speak hurts me here.
*10 In Jap. it's literally "Ahh, not loose!" so I'm unclear if it is "I will not loose!" or "I can not loose". The first one sounds like Amita is confident than in the second one, and Amita doesn't sound confident.
*11 Well she actually says "...in a small house where three people live" but considering that she is obviously including herself and Kyrie in that, I went with this which is more along the lines how such thought would be said in English.
*12 There is also possible this should be in the past, as in Amita is writing this after the fact, but I think future is more appropriate as an ironic echo of what is about to happen. Also she is writing in her diary her current thoughts.

Also even this soon you should have a pretty good grapsp of A/K sister dynamic.

Again thanks to the nice people of the Midchilda group on Discord for the help rendered in the previous sections. I think I have yet to update the previous parts with their sujestions here but I have made changes in my original file.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote