Thread: Licensed Claymore Manga
View Single Post
Old 2008-07-04, 00:56   Link #150
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Reading volume 12 today, a few other differences I noticed:

Yuma - Translated as Uma. Went back and checked volume 10 and noticed they used Uma there as well (when she lost her arm after the first battle with the 3 scouts). I'm missing my volume 9, so can't check how she was named in the party allocation scene. Never really caught my attention before since she wasn't a notable character when I first read through that bit.

In Clarice's debriefing, the fan translation says that number 9 should be replaced with number 7 (in reference to allocation in the northern region), while Viz says number 9 should be promoted to number 7. Minor difference in detail, I suppose.

Lunee - Translated as Renée. I rather like Renée better; Lunee never really made sense to me.
Yes, most unfortunate translations...

Don't know why they decided to call Yuma a horse (uma = horse in japanese). Needless to say, that is not her name.

The No 9 to No 7 thing says: "But number 9 to number 7..." (japanese love dropping 'obvious' verbs) and continues to "and increase the total battle power of the others". I think 'replace' makes more sense than promote personally.

Renee is absurd, but that's life. It's ルネ (RU/LU - NE).
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote