View Single Post
Old 2004-05-23, 00:50   Link #66
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
Well Itachi could "fear for his safety"
I'm really tired of this silly argument so I'll attempt to end it once and for all; if you guys still think anyone who retreats or doesn't finish people off is scared retarded...then more power to you.

"Strength" doesn't always determine the outcome of the battle. A slightly weaker opponent can easily defeat a stronger one in the right condition. He does not fear the stronger one at all for he knows he has a chance of winning. He proceeds with caution and strikes when favorable. However, if the situation actually starts off worse for the weaker one, then why take the risk? I'm not going to determine whether Itachi or Jiraiya is stronger (I actually said over and over again in the past that Jiraiya is stronger overall, but Itachi has triumph cards that tip things to his favor); I'm merely arguing that even if Jiraiya is superior and stronger, Itachi did not retreat out of fear but out of caution. There's a huge difference.

And as for not finishing people off or not dealing the final blow...my goodness, look at Kabuto vs Naruto? Why did he not just kill Naruto straight up? What a retard! Oro and Jiraiya...why were they just standing there on the snake instead of duking it out and beating each other senseless? Retards...these people should be cold-blooded and just kill kill kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydolphin
Oh btw, the silly little eye trick of Itachi, which supposedly can only be countered by another mange sharingan user. This made me wonder, now if Sasuke was to get the mange sharingan in the future, and than kill Itachi with it, now wouldn't this make Sasuke a God and have him be more powerful than Naruto and everyone else forever? That would just be plain retarded, and I think there are many other ways to defeating the mange sharingan.
Oh by the way, no one actually called Itachi a God; we simply don't know any loopholes or counter to Tsukiyomi if it hits. You can talk all you want about ways to avoid it, but once it hits, how can one counter? A world completely controlled by the user's will...and this user being the unmoving, emotionless Itachi. Since I simply have been told or shown of any counter, "undefeatable" is the only conclusion I can draw upon...or should I just make up a bunch of silly theories that have no basis? Yah, if you think about how hawt Itachi is while in the world of Tsukiyomi...you might actually enjoy the process and recover 25% chakra, yay-yay!

Now, to your point. If Sasuke actually gained the power to surpass Itachi, it most likely might be a spurt-of-moment thing. But if could maintain that level of ability and mastery of the Mangekyo Sharingan, then yes, we should start praising him as the poor man's version of Itachi--Sasuke is too emotional, cares too much about pride, stubborn, not as experienced, not as fast, and not as quick with handseals--but hey, all those things I just mentioned don't really matter since ninja battles are about nothing but strength vs strength, right?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote