View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 14:41   Link #117
whatbob1
huh

Kariya is pretty much done. Even if he did manage to save Sakura, what would he say? "Oh by the way I killed your mother, ya sorry about that... Oh I also was going to have this epic deathmatch (even though we all know fire > insect from pokemon) with your father to try to win over your mother but someone beat me to it..."

No matter what he does from this point on he is still the guy that killed Sakura's and Rin's mother all because Aoi yelled at him. And "his" Aoi would never yell at him -_-.

I think this summarizes Kariya pretty well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone on another forum
Kariya's behavior reminds me a lot of internet nice guy syndrome: he's too shy to even hold a proper conversation with her half the time (reread the prologue if you don't believe me here) so he's incapable of communicating his emotions (or anything else, increasingly) to her effectively, he completely disregards her actual mindset and feelings, he arrogantly assumes HE knows what she wants far better than she ever could, he deludes himself into thinking he's doing her a favor when a deathmatch between her husband and childhood friend is one of the last things in the world she would ever want to happen, and ultimately he gets mad that she's actually behaving like an independent human instead of living up to the fictionalized version he's built up in his mind.
Though in his defense, worms and zouken. But if this was real life minus the worm/zouken thing, then Kariya basically = borderline stalker obsessed with someone.

Hell you can even interpret everything Kariya's done as trying to "win" over Aoi. I dunno if Urobuchi did that intentionally or not, but if you tried to think of it like that it is somewhat (barely imo) plausible.
whatbob1 is offline   Reply With Quote