Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 17:18   Link #4213
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
could someone form France explain to me how someone who admitted to visiting Thailand for sex with "little boys" got appointed to a cabinet position?
Mitterrand tried to defend himself on the TV today. He defended himself by saying that in his book he was not talking about minors. That people should not confuse homosexuality and pedophilia.

But, the medias really did go easy on him and didn't ask the right questions.

I wondered many things while listening to him, for example:

- Why bothering to go to Thaïlande if it was just to have sex with adult male prostitutes. I mean, he can find many here. I did watch documentaries about thailande, and most european who go there want to have sex with kids because it's forbidden in Europe.

- IMO, it doesn't match what is written in his book. His definition of "young boys" is really weird. Most people do a difference between "young boys" and "young men". He claims to be a good writer, so he knows that. That's very ambiguous, in a bad way, especially when you claim to go to Thailande while you can find male prostitutes here.

- The medias didn't seem to be shocked at all that a person from the governement does Sex tourism, and appreciates it. What a good example. Especially from the Minister of Culture.

He really wanted to be seen as a victim and tried hard. Some journalists spent the day in some TV programs to defend him. Now let's see what the public opinion thinks of that. We will know it in a few days.

He doesn't plan to leave the governement and didn't think he has done anything wrong. Including what he said about Polanski.

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-08 at 17:53.