View Single Post
Old 2011-05-29, 11:38   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

My face when Ko went back home without even catching sight of Ohana. Incidentally, I loved that scene (Nako's, I mean). I absolutely loved the rest of the episode too. This series never fails to bring a smile to my face, and it's more than enough for me to love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
IMO Ko should be commended. He would just be a bother/nuisance to Ohana during this time and popping up unexpectedly isn't appropriate. He swallowed his pride and went back.
Yes, it makes sense story wise, however I still can't help but feel trolled after all this build-up. We've known he's been planning to visit Ohana for a while, and right when we think it's going to happen, they have him spend two episodes riding trains before going home with his tail between his leg. At least, we got some sweet phone conversations between the two of them out of the whole deal. Ko's advice was kind of bad though: "don't think things out, do whatever you feel like and it'll work out"; thankfully this is anime and the rules of the real world don't apply.

The end of the episode doesn't bode well. That girl is too well designed to be irrelevant (<- flawless logic, I know). Maybe Ko will be the one to friendzone Ohana in the end...

In the meantime, Tohru keeps falling harder for her. She obviously scored some major points with him in this episode, even if she didn't mean to.

PS: Once again, Itou Kanae's performance was amazing. She's fully part of the reasons I like this anime so much