Thread: Hajime no Ippo
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-05, 05:36   Link #85
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
YES!!! Ippo fans! to agree with YD, I read all chapters in a smilar span of time. Ippo is IMO the BEST sports manga out ther(better than Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21 and Wild Striker)

And the question someone asks every 10 seconds: Why didnt it get animated past ep 77? There is a petitio onilne with like 1 million i think. I know that just viewrship isn't enough to drive a series to be animated, esp since most of those petitioners are Western viewers.

But WHY!?!? T_T (i'm a fan I still have the right to whine)
According to Bakuman, Sports mangas suck balls in popularity. Just because POT did well and ES21 is popular atm doesn't mean most sport mangas succeed. It's generally the suck.

This community and it's people most likely do not represent or have any form of knowing the japanese community, so that aspect of sales is ignored. Let's look at the other form, and that's overseas. When done by translating companies, or dub companies, let's look at our magnificant products.

Oh wait, pretty much every series got butchered beyond belief besides DBZ (IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAANDDDDD) Do you really think HnI would work for an audience that's too DUMB to look online for free stuff and READ instead of DUR MUST HAVE IT IN ENGLISH/NATIVE LANGUAGE. Fact is, the people who can appreciate these works overseas are the people who can get it for free. The people who pay either pay because they support the mangaka and have already access to it, or people who just want to try it but are NOT long term investors.

Yeah and of course, for the japanese community, they frigging cut off Mx0 yet Naruto is still ever so popular(GRRRR EYEBALL SKEELZZZZ HEY LUUK SASUKE I HAVE A EYE TECHNIQUE TOO, EASY TO DRAW FROG I'S HAR HAR). Enough said.

>.> RBJ looks gimp now. I thought he was a genuine monster, but this chapter showed me Miyata's got it in the bag. It's the typical, Miyata wins early, then opponent shows new move, then Miyata shows counter, then opponent beats him up, then Miyata shows guts, then opponent beats him up but fatally makes a mistake, Miyata wins. Hurray for the simple formula that will only be edited but not fundamentally changed. I mean, I really thought RBJ was someone special when they said he was going to take on the WORLD. I mean, MARTINEZ? That guy is GODLY. He's Takamura level and higher with a smaller body. But now, you know of his TRAGIC past and what not, he's just another LOSER.

=/ It's really a shame, since he's probably the coolest character since Sendo to come out (Sawamura is kinda cool, but not Sendo cool) and I thought it'd be the first time a full out villain won (Mashima is not a full out villain, he got fleshed out to be a "good guy" in a way).
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote