View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 13:20   Link #75
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I'm not saying their not real fears (though barnacles is a bit odd) I'm just saying ending up in the fetal position at the mere thought of the fear seems a bit over the top.

I am terrified of needles, I've hyperventilated when having an injection and almost fainted, thinking about them makes me squeemish and I dont like seeing them on tv but I dont end up in that condition, I just dont look or I stop thinking about it.

I like that she has fears I just wish they would treat them differently.
Well in her defense, she doesn't just think about them, she thinks too much about them and doesn't stop until her headasplodes. When she thinks about herself in a situation she's afraid of, she thinks the worst of it, all her thoughts in ep2 seem to reflect that. I won't be surprised that she did the same when she saw the barnacles this episode. Just like how you stop thinking of it as a way to cope, her convincing herself seems to be her own brand of that.

With that little rubbing in thanks to Ritsu, that impression (just like a particularly scary horror movie's) left on her is not going to go away for a day or two, which was how long their little 'holiday' was.