View Single Post
Old 2010-06-12, 05:11   Link #10942
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbook
An interesting thing to note SeagullCrazy is that the Odds always have an Endless Witch introduced. Beato in Episode 1, EVA/ANGE in Episode 3, and BATTLER of course in Episode 5.
Yeah, that is interesting. TBH I was spoiled by accident on the Golden Sorcerer, and I was also spoiled on the epitaph being solved... I thought the two were related but completely forgot about it until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh
Other than that any character, not just Kanon in particular, being dead because they are acting out of character is rather silly. Partly because they author would have to will it for that to be true, but mostly because we don't know what is in character for anyone once they become a murderer. It's also evident that except maybe in episode 6 there aren't any scenes where Kanon is demonstrated to act out of character. He only acts out of character in theories where he is the murderer, which renders the point completely moot.
If Author Theory is true, then it basically means that the author has control over Kanon's "dead or missing" status. From the odd/even comparison, I could probably conclude that this is true:

In the odd-numbered Episodes, there is a variable X that forces Kanon to be considered dead, whether or not he actually is dead.

In the even-numbered Episodes, there is a variable Y that forces Kanon to be considered missing, even though he definitely is dead.

And the author always includes that variable in each odd/even Episode. Which is why Kanon is "dead or missing" in alternating Episodes.

And it's possible, (I don't know if I believe this, though) that the variable is whether or not Kanon is fictional.
SeagullCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote