View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 21:08   Link #293
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Not the same thing. Mikono thinks romantically about the mysterious Kagura, Zessica doesn't think of Kagura in that manner nor does she care about Kagura. She's only thinking about Kagura because if Mikono went with him than maybe Amata would be open for her. That's the difference, don't try and twist something that simple.

And no, she is lusting for Amata. She wants his attention and Kagura's attention. I explained she's leading him on because up until than she considered herself worthless. Since Amata didn't believe she was she latched on to him yet at the same time she refuses to commit or try and make things work. This makes her a horrible person, especially when Amata is extremely devoted to her while her devotion is lacking. Amata even rejected Zessica because he wanted to be loyal while Mikono hasn't even considered picking Kagura or Amata over the other, so simply loves the attention both are giving to just "her". that is until Zessica started getting Amata's attention which Mikono wasn't going to have and we all saw how they ended up for Zessica and Amata.
No, you are just repeating yourself without providing any evidence. Again you are saying that Mikono is lusting for Kagura and is unfaithfully after the attention of both Amata and Kagura, but where is your proof? You have none.

As others have mentioned, there is no proof at all that Mikono thinks of Kagura romantically, let alone lusting after him and trying to keep his romantic attention. There is proof that she fears and pities him. If fear and pity are the same thing as lust to you, well...that definitely means that Mykage/Zessica is canon, since she's scared of him. He's even come to see her without her permission - just like Kagura and Mikono! Now, see how weak that theory is? It is weaksauce, and no matter how times I repeat it and say it's true, it will stay weaksauce. But by your standard of "evidence", that Mykage/Zessica theory is every bit as robust as your "unfaithful, lusting Mikono theory". The only way to save the off-the-wall Mykage/Zessica theory would be to provide evidence, but of course, I can't do that as there isn't any. This is why you need to provide actual evidence if you want to be taken seriously.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
I'm not interested in the scenes as they appear in your imagination. I'm interested in the ones which actually happened in the series.

I've asked for the specific episodes and scenes where the supposed lusting and unfaithfulness takes place, so I can check it for myself. But you have not given me even a single example, except if we use twisted logic and say that "thinking of a person" means "lusting for them and being unfaithful".

You keep saying Mikono is constantly lusting after Kagura and being unfaithful to Amata and that there are countless examples of it, many appearances of it. I say those scenes do not exist. So no, I've already done my own work. I've asked to see your proof to the contrary, but you have been unable to provide it.
And I'm not interested in pulling up every Kagura and Mikono scene from the anime and there's a lot despite him not being there for most and it's just Mikono lusting after him.

Every episode Kagura has interacted with Mikono and every episode that Mikono has fawned over Kagura. Pretty much every episode Mikono has been taking center stage has been her mentioning Kagura at least once and in many cases more than once.
Interacting with someone does not equal lust and an attempt to monopolise their romantic attention, and the episodes where Mikono fawns over Kagura do not exist. Mentioning a person does not equal lusting after them, either. If it does, there are a heck of a lot more relationships going on in EVOL than anyone has been saying.

~A summary~

Me: You claim there are many scenes which prove your point. I say they don't exist. So can you tell us where they are?
You: They are in the many scenes which prove my point. But I won't say where those are.

Seriously, that is weak.

Quote:

Quote:
I've asked for the specific episodes and scenes where the supposed lusting and unfaithfulness takes place, so I can check it for myself. But you have not given me even a single example, except if we use twisted logic and say that "thinking of a person" means "lusting for them and being unfaithful".
Because she is. It was cute the first few times because he's the bad boy, it lost that luster when she continued to think about him nearly every chance she could even when Amata was right there. And yes they do exist, if you paid attention to the Anime they were many of them. Especially early on and when Kagura got his hands on Mikono where she showed more concern and love for her capture than she's shown Amata in 21 Episodes.
Dude, listen to yourself. You just answered a question asking for evidence that Mikono is lusting unfaithfully after Kagura with "Because she is".

You have still not provided any evidence.

Quote:
Mykage is just a manipulator and even than he isn't forcing Mikono to do anything. That makes it that much worse because at least Amata, Kagura, and Zessica were being manipulated by Mykage. Mikono? All her, every last bit and she hasn't suffered anything for all the trouble she's caused everyone.
So...Mykage is an evil, murdering manipulator, but it's okay because he intended to do it. Whereas Mikono is not an evil manipulator and hasn't murdered anyone, but you personally dislike her and want her to suffer, so she's a worse person than him and much more to blame for anything that goes wrong for the people around her.

Oookay.

Quote:
Quote:
You are incorrect about Mikono not thinking of Amata while on her journey. She's shown doing that in episode 19, while on the boat.
Untrue, that was just a passing thought and isn't touched on all that much and eventually dropped rather quickly. While Amata was obsessing with her and when he thinks she's in trouble she's having a good time with Fudo and isn't thinking about him at all. And despite that mirror Fudo took her too that let's her see things it's horrible that she makes no comment of Zessica and doesn't even touch on Amata until Kagura is front of Amata.
It was a reasonable sized scene, in which Mikono talked to ShuShu out loud about Amata, then went on about how she hadn't wanted to get hurt and that was why she hadn't told Amata yet but that had hurt Amata and Zessica, so she had to tell him, but first she had to find Fudo and connect everyone so they could save Mix, and then she would tell him.

What you had said previously is that she didn't think of him at all, and that this is why Amata should get angry with her (which I would disagree with anyway even if she hadn't thought of him). Now you acknowledge that she did think of him but say it doesn't count.

Amata was not obsessing over Mikono in her absence. He was busy on Altair. But let's pretend he was obsessing over her - there is no reason why Mikono should be obsessing just because he was. Obsession is a character flaw at times when people have to get things done.

If Mikono hadn't seriously been trying to find Fudo but had just been gazing wistfully up at the sky thinking "oh how I love Amata-kun" and occasionally walking into lampposts, in my opinion that would be pathetic, but apparently that was what she was supposed to do.

Quote:
Anger isn't rational and his anger would be justified because he has every reason to be angry. It's a build up of 21 episodes of Mikono leading him on, all the BS he has had to endure because of her, and now Zessica paying because he's a blind dog to Mikono even though she's done nothing to deserve his devotion considering her unfaithfulness.
Her unfaithfulness which you have provided no evidence for.

Look, you have no evidence. Pretty much all you are saying here boils down to "I hate Mikono, and if I were Amata I would hate Mikono too". But you are not Amata.

Quote:
Yet the stronger Mikono gets the less she thinks of Amata and that's a weak excuse since she has shown that an ability for combat. Her telling him that she wants to tell him something after saying "No, I don't want you to come with me" than saying "No, you gotta wait if you wanna hear what I got to say" was horrible, just horrible if they wanted her to be likeable, Who does that? A Tease that's who. She knows things are getting rough yet she just had to say something like that which has clearly effected Amata's mental state and made it easier to manipulate him.
Mikono has no combat ability. All she is able to do is connect and strengthen the bonds between others.

I think it would have been better for Mikono to tell Amata she loves him then (assuming that is what she had to say), but I initially assumed that she did not have the courage to say it at that point in time, but was going to make sure she did when she got back. Setting herself a goal, as it were. But by now I think that was wrong. I think some of the other arguments made for why she didn't say it are more persuasive and make more sense, considering what she said in the scene on the boat about how she needed to find Fudo/connect the others/save Mix first. She is putting that task first before she can feel free to tell Amata. What she's not doing in that scene is teasing. She admitted to Amata that she was scared, and set a time when she would feel able to tell him how she feels.

There is something you seem to be missing consistently, which is that the characters have personal responsibility. They have agency. Mikono is not the only person who has agency in this series: Amata, Zessica, and the others have agency too. If they are not insane or brainwashed, they are responsible for their own actions. This is one reason why your blaming Mikono for everything just doesn't make sense, because the others have brains and choices of their own.

It is really clear that you have no evidence for the things you are claiming to be fact about Mikono (that she is lusting, unfaithful, etc). It's really clear that
it's all just because you hate Mikono and are demonising her for things she has never done and is not responsible for. It's a pretty dramatic case of rationalisation (...especially given, IMO, that Mikono is a flawed character and proportional, sensible reasons really do exist for disliking her). I don't know for sure why you're doing it, but I guess it's something to do with Zessica's unrequited love for Amata, since everything you've been saying focuses on Amata and Mikono's relationship. Ship wars: not the greatest bastion of logic even at the best of times.

So I asked you for evidence even though I knew you would be unable to provide it. That's mostly because you were so firm in your insistence that you had loads of proof, despite that nobody else here has any recollection of the constant lusting unfaithfulness and so forth, and were so firm in your insistence that that proof is the reason why Mikono is an evil lusting two timer witch to blame for everything going wrong around her. It's hard not to call the bluff of someone who is baseless character bashing that hard while insisting they have proof and hard reasons that should be able to convince anyone. (At least for me! Other people have been more saintly. Sorry, guys.)

And yeah, as expected you haven't given any evidence. And continuing to ask you for something you can't provide is getting too mean, so I'll stop asking. But in closing I think you should ask yourself why it is that you have been unable to provide evidence. If you really believe that all those scenes exist as you say, why have you not been able to point to them, and why has nobody else but you seen them? Have some self-awareness.