View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 04:03   Link #195
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
What fiasco? Sales that still made in the top 40 of the 2000s? A movie that made over 800 million yen after starting in only 24 theatres? Said movie having a 200,000 print run of BD/DVDs? Latest novels having a 513,000 print run of just the LE? The whole Endless Eight was not a fiasco at all in Japan like it's seen in the West.
I think when people talk about "Fiasco", it's not about the sales. The sales were fine, but you have to take in account the mindset of the fanbase during that time. Even though E8 had solid sales, it was still an outrageous experiment that caused desperation and infuriation (which is, ironically, exactly what it should cause) everywhere, to the point that the director and voice actors gave an official statement of apology.
Sales aside, when a team has to apologize to the fanbase in such a large scale, they might want to refrain from ever touching the project again. But this is just me being pessimistic. When I'm optimistic, I can clearly see more Haruhi in the future.
But then again, Gotou Yuuko is sick with an Autoimmune disease...

Also, what a dick (umn...) move to first announce a Haruhi staff meeting and then telling everyone "You think so, but... No"
Thanks for the information anyway.