View Single Post
Old 2012-10-15, 09:18   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
If JC staff wanted to continue the anime they would have done it years ago. Either Manglobe will be successful enough to consider doing more stuff with it or they'll decline any future projects and we probably won't see any more animation for several years if ever.

HnG doesn't have a good animation track record. It keeps changing studios because it doesn't do very well and they don't want it anymore! The movie, strange as it was, was the first real success in the animation realm and the main reason we're getting this gutsy new season with original content and quality animation. (Not liking the character designs is fine, but the animation quality is leagues ahead of anything else this series has gotten.)

The decision is not entirely up to JC Staff or Manglobe, it's the production committee and the people sponsoring the project that are the ones calling the shots- the studios are the 'workers' so to speak.

The first season was played as a children show so dvd/bd sales wouldn't have mattered. Last I've check, the second season had an average of 6-7k sale... I've seen Animes with less numbers get sequels all the time. And don't forget that even if the BD/dvd sales aren't stellar, as long as the manga sale rises thanks to the exposure, it can still be considered a success.

Even still, I don't see how not giving the fans what they've patiently waited years for is any good business strategy....[joking] Not that it would matter because they struck with the Manglobe curse [/joking]