View Single Post
Old 2011-09-09, 13:14   Link #239
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Well then ... this just moved up from ''cautiously anticipated'' to ''simultaneously dreading and anticipating''.

Talk about mind blowing ... just amazing stuff.

Speaking of, I can sort of see the Macross angle now ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I love how I'm apparently the only person who's frame of reference for Sawano is Unicorn and not Blue Exorcist.
It's the one ongoing show you can hear his score from (until Unicorn 4 comes out anyway), so it's natural that many would think of it as reference. It's certainly a great score, not his best, but it's the most recent work, so it's the one that would pop in many people mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also count me as someone who is not sorry that Ryo is not doing the OST other than the opening. I thought that looked like a really weird choice for something that looks like this does in the PV's so I'm glad a real composer who I know can score many different types of scenes well and maximize their dramatic potential is sitting down to do the music as opposed to a dojin group that is mostly known for using Vocaloid (which I see as a bad auto-tune setting and don't really care for) in their music and being popular with otaku on the niconico scene. Made the right choice on how to handle the sound of this show I.G.
Well, you can have your own preference, and I certainly agree Sawano is hard to top by anyone, but I wouldn't knock down this ''dojin group'' just because they aren't ''real'' composers. For starter, what exactly does ryo lack that doesn't make him a ''real'' composer? Sure, he may not be on the same level of quality as Sawano (arguable, since I think he can do some great scores for fantasy-based settings, capturing the ''fantastic aspect'' of the show) but that doesn't mean he's going to be less of a composer.

And anyway, I don't think that being popular on nico or with otaku is a bad thing. Heck, you praised the character designs, which were conceived by redjuice. Just because it's fan produced/ made by a doujin group that doesn't mean it's going to be of less quality.

I think that it would've been fitting to have ryo actually work on the show (since I do think he would've been at home here with a show that's practically an extended music video) but alas ...

Last edited by Arabesque; 2011-09-09 at 22:54. Reason: Expanding a bit/correcting some words
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote