View Single Post
Old 2013-09-24, 16:46   Link #1114
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Just pointing out, that comparison between anime original arc that was not yet confirmed to be written by Kamachi (except the names) with a 6 LNs worth of material is a bit unfair.
I don't think he was really drawing a comparison. What Nakayama mentioned was that they wanted to present a story that took full advantage of the anime movie format - basically, they wanted the plot to include sights and sounds (i.e. songs) that wouldn't be conveyed too well in a manga or light novel.

Nakayama also noted that, at the time, they had already presented an original story in the Railgun anime. Consequently, there was a desire to create one for Index.

As for 2 cours of material, some people are taking this too literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark
If anyone is willing to summarize it
I'm going by machine translation here, but it's mostly a promotional interview for the video release. One point they highlight is their commitment to presenting a faithful Kamachi work (they stress the tenacity of Hiroshi Nishikiori, the close involvement of the author when developing the script, the involvement of the same staff from the TV series, etc. Nakayama states that the movie shines through with the atmosphere and quirks that define Kamachi).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote