Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-25, 17:13   Link #2671
Shadow Kira01

N. Korea must suffer consequences for N-test

North Korea should face severe sanctions for their recent actions in regards to nuclear bomb testing, as well as missile launching once again. Considering that nothing was done to pressure North Korea from making the wrong moves again last time thanks to China's "show some self-restraint" attitudes, North Korea got really motivated into testing it again and this time, they tested a nuke which isn't surprising considering that they had only kicked out the IAEA members just a few weeks ago but I didn't think they would tested it so soon.

This time around, I have my doubts that anything can be done once again because China is now asking the world to show some "calm and cool-headed approach" as opposed to "showing some self-restraint" which is actually the same thing with a different wording. Although it would really be sweet if Japan can seek the support of China against North Korea but considering that North Korea is being motivated and encouraged by China to be carrying out these recent actions of hostility, I think seeking their support is somewhat idealistic and naive as that it most likely will not happen.

Getting the United States on the side of Japan isn't much of an action because the United States is definitely on the side of Japan considering that North Korea's nuclear ambitions and capability is now a threat to the national security of the United States, as well as Japan and possibly other nations who are unwilling to turn a blind eye. I have my doubts that North Korea would actually nuke and destroy Korea Republic because their goals are to obtain the economy of them for their own use and that destroying it would be counter-productive. Generally, South Korea is safe from North Korean nukes but infantry fires cannot be avoided if things go wrong.

Luckily, North Korea decided to take the challenge of testing their nukes and missiles while the world is gathered at ASEM; I believe North Korea is doing this intentionally to see how the world reacts because with China backing them, Kim Jong-il probably believes that even if the world is united on this issue, nothing can be done to stop them or prevent them from doing it again implying that North Korea will most likely have a second nuclear test and a third missile launch within the upcoming weeks to months. With this knowledge and truth in mind, I am quite curious as to how the world will deal with North Korea now.. Although I am hopeful that North Korea will abandon their nuclear ambitions and will release the abductees someday but I am no where near being optimistic. It will not happen but they world mustn't give up either. Sounds contradicting but its the way things are in the world. It would be awful if China actually manages to negotiate the United States and Japan into a second press statement against North Korea's military activities.