View Single Post
Old 2011-08-29, 22:21   Link #494
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Just watched it last night and I disagree with most of you here because for once less was MORE...The movie only focused on the main and secondary main characters (I mean even muthaeffin Chad had a role for once )...It wasn't all over the place trying to fit all 89 characters into a 5 minute window for the hell of it...

While the story was pretty simple and contained, it actually had a real emotional connection (Not like the movies or in the series where Ichigo goes all out to help some random loli, it was actually his sister)...The action, while not excellent in the choreography department, it was damn good to look at (Many times I rewound scenes that were cool as hell like when Renji got GODpunched in his midsection)...The dudes with the fire-powers made for awesome visuals aswell...

And while we all knew the dude would turn on Ichigo, he still served as a pretty nice gatekeeper for the hell landscape IMO...Some might think this expressive version of hell is lame, but to live in a world where muscular skeleton monsters ate you endlessly, only for you to be reborn back into this world that is actually the world from the video game Q-bert, where you will live for infinity, THAT's HELL^^...

My only gripes were:

Spoiler for Wait for it...:

Also it wouldn't have hurt to replace Renji in this movie with Ikkaku, if there was a GOD...I also give the studio mad props for their restraint in not really including Hitsugaya as I know that $hit was HARD, but I was glad...

I do agree with those who suggested more diverse badguy characters (Was kinda redundant to keep seeing that one trio with the fatdudes), but that fire-guy and the main villain adequately satisfied my fight lust...

So maybe it was just the Afghani-Kush talking, but I really enjoyed this movie, because it was a simple movie and Bleach can learn a little something from picking a short list of characters to make a movie with and just going for it, instead of whoring the whole cereal box like it usually does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
that would be copying dbz

everyone knows bleach only copies yyh
If only it could REALLY do that...That would be something...Been watching various YYH eps the last couple of weeks as I tend to do once a year or so...If only there was a shonen around today that could be that good, that expressive...Sighs...