View Single Post
Old 2013-09-19, 09:38   Link #77
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
I'm talking about you, Stephanie-f*cking Meyer.

You mean like this?

Spoiler for Bella vs Myers:

~~~~~

Also, for anyone who really need to see a Gary Stu look like, I think the manga "ID, a blend of fantasy" is the best example of them all.

The MC, an asian sword-type guy who found himself in a western classic fantasy setting (I.E Dwarven Warrior, elf mage, etc)...

The idea was interesting....then their first battle literally was along the line where everyone sat in there wowing as he went off to demolish an entire enemy group with his sword skills.

The elf chick, of course fell for him on the spot. Everyone is amazed.

Then he tried elemental summoning....and summon the queen of air on the first try...even though most of the cast...who fell for him...

Finally he met some people who can beat him....only to find out later is because he found a way to time travel and taught those people how to fight years ago...

Some Dragon queen fell for him too...I stopped reading.

I think the ultimate line between Gary Stu/regular character is how people are around him like. If it is a totally solo char like Batman, then there isn't much effect. It is the story of the lonely fighter against crime. If you have an entire cast of characters (I.E Justice League type) and then all they do is sit there and go WOW how cool superman is....then we have a Gary Stu beyond the doubt.