View Single Post
Old 2008-01-18, 15:20   Link #30
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Not saying that these people's opinions are invalid or anything, but it seems to me that when ever a show gets a follow up, people usually cry that it isn't as good as the first season. Is this some kind of universal trend?

Personally there have only been about 3 bad episodes this season and like 4 mediocre, the rest have been good.
Well, season 1 was something like 60% battle and 40% slice in my head which was a good balance. Season 2 is more like 20% battle and 80% slice. The 40% slice in season 1 was inserted worked well to give the viewers a break from the heavy atmosphere. However, making Slice completely dominate a series with superpowers doesn't exactly work well in my opinion (There's ARIA and Minami-ke for quality slice).

The way some things are really being dragged in Season 2 (well, we got double the amount of slice than the novels due to Fumina) reminds me of the painful Las Vegas arc in the TV show Heroes.

Despite my complaints, I'm still following as there is still a chance for a turnaround.