Thread: Crunchyroll Giant Killing (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-07, 20:29   Link #6
Falkor

I've been reading the manga. I like football and the strategies that are involved in the game. I used to play Pro Evolution Soccer (or Winning Eleven) a lot when I was younger, so the interest kinda remained in me, plus one of my hobbies besides anime is football.

so what I liked about the manga is probably the essence of sports, not just football; and it is to see one of these so-called giants getting defeated. to fight against the odds; to be in a so-called small team with no chances of winning---and yet being able to pull off a miracle that can awe fans and naysayers alike. I think this is what the manga is about, what Giant Killing is about. the strategy and the psychological aspect of it add a lot of charm to the premise. as some people have already said: it's not about the players; it's about the manager and how he handles the team.

I'm neutral optimistic about DEEN. I don't think they are going to do an awful job at it; but I'm not really expecting to see anything grandiose, either.

wonder if the adaptation has something to do with the football world cup that is coming very shortly. by the way, I think there are two volumes so far scanlated. wonder if should create a separate thread for the manga...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote