View Single Post
Old 2006-08-16, 10:59   Link #577
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
And if the idea that manga retrofitting/adding dimension to the series bothers you so much, you're better off never watching something called Gundam. Squawk, squawk, squawk, squawk...
I don't see how you still fail to understand me...I precisely word everything I say so I can't get played...What you said in that quote was not my full opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The manga trying to retrofit production errors in the anime doesn't sit well with me...
As you can see i meant retrofiting illogical production errors...not all retrofitting which is fine when it doesn't clash with the production in an illogical way...Since GSD is the first Gundam series of alltime to nearly stop production before it finished (Gundam X was cancelled, it didn't implode from the inside) many different explanations and plot-hole fixing seem to me to be a result of cleaning up dog doo-doo via the manga (or basically all I've heard)...In know way am I ignoring all the G mangas and sidestories with their great contributions for the most part...While I don't read many G mangas (I have read a few when I goto Barns and Nobles or online) I always have read the summaries of them as I have 2 Gundam official guides that overveiw nearly every one of them...I also read summaries provided on wiki aswell where I have read character profiles on every ASTRAY character where it lists all the crossover elements for the series...Here's the summary page in-case you thought I was bull$hiting which is in-addition to what i have read in my guides about the Zeta sidestories that you mention( Not to mention asking others who are more knowledgable on the topic and going to other G-sites to chat about stuff i don't know about)...Hell even Deacon_Blues (before I despised him) schooled me on loads of ASTRAY $hit and he seems to be pretty much the authority up in here when it comes to G-manga...So I think I have a pretty full vew of the Gundam picture thank you...Considering it's my favorite anime franchise and I'm talking about stuff here nearly every waking moment I thought you'd see that by now...

*Oh and for all those who think wiki is $hit, when you give me as much detailed info as they do you can talk, until then put a rice-ball in it....

And once again...as subtle a point as it is I might have to make it quite a loud one...Zeta was not a super-attention to detail, super-plot driven type of portrayle...It was a chaotic war drama where basically all the political intrigue was served to you on a platter...GSD wanted to be and tried to be this mind-challenging, super-detailed and plot oriented portrayle which it couldn't be because of loads of production errors so I look at their cover-ups and super non-sensical plot-holes a bit more harshly...It's not the same as in other G-series..which i have tried to explain to you more than once...You can't start pretending GSD was this linear, cut and paste effort when it was trying to be way more complexed than that and failed...So you can't just rely on your Zeta comparison...

Quote:
I want to believe you're capable of understanding why the variant of Shinn fans accept Shinn's Final Plus canonity, even if you reject it. It's all opinion, but as we see how your opinion has it's own basis, we have ours.
So you are a Shinn fan now?? Oh yeah that's right everyone and their mama is now ...Where is this variant?? I know one Shinn-fan tops that was pleased with Final Plus and that's cloudedge...Unless someone pulled an ASTRAY and retrofitted the forum with opinions about him I didn't know about I'd still say 80% of orginal Shinn fans reject his Final Plus canonical ending...

@VCV - I'll take your word for it....I still find it to be totally unbelievable but I won't press it any further as i can remember having this discussion more than a year ago...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-08-16 at 11:11.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote