View Single Post
Old 2007-04-08, 09:44   Link #291
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulkillian View Post
I'd say anyone who travels through time is technically a time traveler...
Spoiler:

Actually this novel should be a cause of celebration for Kyonists. It suggests that while Kyon can exist without the SOS Brigade, it can't exist without him. It also suggests that Suzumiya type "gods" are a dime a dozen (or at least as common in Tanigawa's world as data manipulating aliens, ESPers, and time travellers). While the three other members of the SOS Brigade have different alliances (and are suspicious of the organizations to which the other members belong): both Koizumi and Nagato have pledged loyalty to Kyon, and Mikuru is taking orders from her superiors based on Kyon's recommendations.

It's obvious that Kyon's not a god because he's far more important.
Perhaps Kyon, when he wished that ESPers, Time Travelers, Aliens, and Sliders really existed, actually sent the powers to a number of differen't girls who were capable of using them. But Haruhi was the one who became unstable and started using them. And Kyon is the key. In order for them to fully utilize the powers he has to be around.

And I really like the new aliens hair. I wonder what it would look like in ponytails.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote