View Single Post
Old 2007-10-13, 23:36   Link #259
Once and Current Subber

"I'm sorry, Mr. Japanese Licensor, but I can't use the official spelling that you, in your official capacity, officially gave me, because I read a post on a message board that told me otherwise."

Look, there's official spellings and official spellings. If the Japanese decide to list a spelling in English when producing Japanese-language goods for the Japanese market, certainly that's one kind of official spelling. But the official spelling that accompanies the official credits and the licensing, along with the transfer of a tremendous pile of cash, that is the REALLY official spelling. The two do not necessarily agree, but the latter is the one that I'd have to use even if I didn't like it.

Sometimes it can be something completely stupid. We had to argue for hours so that Orphen's Cleo wouldn't end up as "Creao" - eventually we had to compromise on "Cleao". Compared to that, Raging Heart is totally 100% okay with me.

Also, Arisa, Zafira, Letti, Excelion, Laevatein, Arthra, Midchilda, Belka, Alhazard. (Don't think I have any typos in there...) Mage. Dunno about "enforcer", hasn't shown up yet. The only really weird thing is Falin's last name, and it never actually shows up in the subs. So yeah, I'm plenty happy with it.