View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 18:29   Link #45
Deathscyther

Wow. After seeing the episode with subs, I like it even more! There were certainly a lot of revelations this episode.

We got a lot of character development for SnH and Yuji as well. They really respect each other.

'It was certainly enjoyable, human who uses even Gods for his goals'
That sentence was badass. Yuji finally got the respect he deserved. So I guess Yuji indeed made some kind of deal with SnH. They needed each other in order to reach their respective goals. The creation of Xanadu was SnH's goal and he used Yuji's body and the Reiji Maigo as tools to create this new world. Yuji in turn is using the creation of Xanadu as a tool in order to reach his own goals:
1) he doesn't want Shana to have to fight anymore;
2) he wants humans and tomogara to be able to coexist;
3) he wants to protect Misaki City and it's people (this has been his goal since season 2).
The creation of Xanadu would make all of these goals possible, although this is just the first step.

SnH also tells Yuji that he supports Yuji's goal to make humans and tomogara coexist. But since he's a God who can only create things if others wish for it (and since he seemingly needs lots of preparation in order to use his creation powers), he can't help Yuji. He's such a god after all. But since Yuji's goal is a wish as well, he permits it, even it nobody else will.

We also learn that SnH really wants the best for everyone in the end. The God of Creation left in the rule Shana and co put in, because he could tell that the tomogara accepted the new rule when he gathered their wishes in order to create Xanadu. Since it's his job to fulfil these wishes, he decided to leave it in, even if it were the flame haze who made the change to his 'paradice'. Otherwise everyone would be sad. I think he's talking about the tomogara, the flame haze and Sakai Yuji here.

I also loved how at the end SnH was even honorable enough to tell the Flame Haze that their fights and their wishes were meaningful. That they managed to get what they wanted.

----

I certainly understand Shaher's oracle better now as well. Shaher announced the birth of the heir of the two worlds, who was created from the existences of Pheles and Johan. So this means this new existence will be half human and half tomogara. She didn't simply appear in order to announce this though. She appeared in order to make sure that everyone knows about it's existence and that it doesn't disappear as soon as it is created: 'with nothing to guard it, it will quickly disappear'. And why is this? Apparently because she's expecting something bad to happen in Xanadu: 'However this new land you're creating...you are unknowingly headed to an end'.

Shaher probably expects that this 'heir of the two worlds' is the key to solve the problem. It's clear that the problem she's talking about here is one of Yuji's goals: humans and tomogara coexisting. An oracle isn't required for something that will come about if events are left to unfold to which a flow is already set. So Shaher probably expects things to go wrong without this oracle of hers. The 'heir of the two worlds' is half human and half tomogara, so of course it is important to keep it alive. Just the fact that such a being exists shows that humans and tomogara can actually coexist. This is all Shaher can do to guide the people on the right path.

---

As for the Reiji Maigo, I've always wondered why the treasure tool was able to recover it's power at midnight. It had to get it's power from somewhere, right? And now we finally learn the truth behind the treasure tool. It uses the PoE that form distortions in the world to recover it's energy.

In order to create a Xanadu a lot of PoE is needed. Dantalion created an unrestricted method, the to gather many distortions at the same time in order to give the Reiji Maigo a major boost. I guess this unrestricted method is the 'anti-seal' Yuji needed Kazumi for. SnH used that power to create Xanadu. SnH used all the distortions the tomogara caused in order to create their paradice. I guess this means that SnH actually helped this world as well. The distortions have been 'used', so I guess that they're gone now. This would actually be good for the balance of this world.

---

Now to wait for the last episode...The last episode will most certainly focus on Yuji and Shana. For the last episode I'm expecting:
1) Yuji's final plan, which I guess involves Spiral Organ. I'll quote my theory from the episode 22 topic.
Quote:
Why would Yuji bring the battles to his hometown? Why would he perform the dangerous anti-seal there? I don't think he decided to do it there just to reduce the stress placed on SnH. Yuji has always wanted to protect Misaki City and the people who live in it. He was even willing to leave the town with Shana back in season 2 to protect the town and it's people. So there must be another reason why Yuji wants to create Xanadu in Misaki City. I have a feeling that Yuji's plan will actually benefit Misaki City and it's people in the end.

Maybe that's where Spiral Organ comes in the picture? After Spiral Organ asks Yuji if the creation ritual will be held in Misaki City in episode 16, Yuji says 'It has to be here.' Yuji then continues to say that he wants to borrow his assistence at that time. Spiral Organ then says 'Does that entail more than what you've already requested of me?'. Yuji then nods. I think that Spiral Organ meant the anti-seal when he said 'what you've already requested of me', so Yuji is probably asking Spiral Organ's help for something else here.
2) Yuji and Shana fighting, probably because of their emotions and/or because of this final plan;
3) Yuji and Shana making up and heading to Xanadu together in the end.

I can't wait!

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-19 at 18:42.