View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 12:51   Link #51
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
- dropping a EMP bomb to destroy all the electronic of the NervGear
And wipe out the electronics in the whole prefecture? Also, I'm pretty sure not very many Japanese are too keen on detonating a nuke over their country, you can say they're kinda sensitive about that for obvious reasons.

Also, electronics can be shielded from EMP - most are as a matter of fact, just to varying degrees.

Quote:
- reroute the IP to a dummy server,
- destroy the real server,
Yes, because Kayaba obviously won't be in control of/monitoring the system, won't be able to tell when something fishy is going on, or have already built in protection against such obvious methos right?

Quote:
- remove the battery of the NervGear (a little explosive there should help in worst case) then cut the electrical power
Did you not see the part in episode 1 where Kayaba explicitly stated that any attempts at removal or tampering with the NervGear will automatically trigger the microwave? It's safe to say that if the helmet is advanced enough to have a "high density signalling device" - aka 3D scanner integrated just to scan what the player looks like, there will be things in place to make sure the helmet itself is not tampered with.

Also, I'm going to assume that you're not actually familiar with explosives, but suffice to say that what you proposed is an extremely bad idea. If you're going to do that, you might as well just shoot them in the head with a gun, it'll be less messy.

Quote:
..... And like I said in Q&A thread, it's already possible to track someone on the web so 10 years in future it should be a piece of cake to locate the bad guy !
Yea, if the person doesn't care about being tracked.... it's not all that hard to keep yourself hidden online if you really want to.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote