View Single Post
Old 2008-02-22, 13:31   Link #5
james0246

Well when we were first introduced to Aokiji and then had some back ground info on Akainu, I thought that finally Oda would have soem characters that would play around with the conceptes that Oda's mentor Nobuhiro Watsuki (Oda was one of the main assistants to Nobuhiro Watsuki) had used in his manga Rurouni Kenshin.

Aokiji has thoughts similiar to Kenshin's benevolent justice (i.e. will fight for the people in front of him, not the world at large). Akainu seems to have Saito's views of justice - "Aku Soku Zan" Slay Evil Immediately/Swift Death to Evil, wherever he sees the possibilty of evil he strikes with a vengeance. So it is possible that Kizaru could have a sense of justice similiar to Makoto Shishio (only the strong survive) or Kaoru Kamiya's protect everyone.

This, of course, is just a guess, with little fact, but maybe some creedence .

I do hope Vice-Admiral Tsuru does something in the future. Oda isn't as bad as some other manga-ka are in regards to portraying female strength (hell Robin by herself could take out half or more of the current Strawhats with ease), but he will on occassion leave them to the side to focus more on the manly fights. So, I hope Tsuru has a great moment to shine in the near future.

My next question is, do the marines (from Sengoku on down) know what the Void Century is hiding, or are the Gorosei ultimately controlling all that information and simply using the Marines as guard dogs to cover up the truths? Also, does the Cipher Pol organization work for Sengoku or are they directly commanded by the Gorosei?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote