View Single Post
Old 2008-04-07, 19:47   Link #19
Duke of Thanatos

The crumbling world around.

(Note: I know I haven't posted a single Link to the Fanfiction, but I will work on it, I am almost done my first Chapter. I apologize in any way.)

June 28, 2013 a.t.b.

It was a pity to watch father lying on his deathbed. Yes, confined here for 2-no, 3 years now, yet there had been bleak hope of his recovery. They tried everything: Nuclear Therapy, Cryogenics, Cellular suspension, but to no avail. They could not stop the rapid decline of his nervous system, leaving him to die like a lifeless slab in front of his trustees, to cast a shadow of mourning upon his vast Empire. But his death did little but to undermine his great influence and deep passion for only 2 things: freedom and family.

Even I knew my father well, he was a great man- despite the loss of his beloved Wife he persevered to make Britannia our future birth right and his family to his Right hand. He raised me like the head of the flock, and like the kindly shepherd he tended to the entire empire: citizen or noble, honorary or rightly born, he molded each one of us into the shape of future pioneers- to bring about peace and the world beyond us.

But now, do not despair his loss. For his death was only the passing of the flame- the righteous torch that led our empire across the wide expanse of dusk, that warmed us from the chilling breeze of corruption and provided for us the marker light to found the Holy Sanctuary, where the chosen can retreat into the walls of safety from the outside- Long live the Holy Empire!

The world around was crumbling. The EU's rapid decline soon followed as the fall of the Theocratic Empire of Germany soon left it's mark during the Battle of Outer Europa, and the effective Blockade sanctioned upon the Chinese Federation for their support towards the Black Revolt took it's toll from the diminishing influence of the two Mighty nations.

But home soil itself would grow seeds of revolt. The death of the Blessed Emperor and the appointing of his incapable 13-year old son as the heir soon shook the very origins of nobility itself. Separatist nobles, bickering at the weaknesses of the Boy emperor were further fueled by their desire to take the throne from the hereditary dynasty. Nobles jockeyed for support and flattered the various stewards of Power, hoping to gain enough support to embrace the true power of the Holy Empire.

Sadly, domestic violence wasn't the only troubling fact: news of an underground secret society that funds various terrorist organizations soon creeped from the borders of the Empire and made its way to the weary Frame pilot, whom never saw no rest from the continual wave of uprisings and eventual traumatic massacres against indigenous peoples.

Empire fall, Nations crumble, and civilizations end. But one echo did resound across the world, soon engulfing others within an endless cycle of hatred: Britannia will fall. Now, ask yourself. Which side do you want to embrace?

~~~

This Fanfiction is set presumably without the existence of a few Canon characters, but with a few alterations. The story itself relies heavily upon Original characters, from the Prince of Britannia to the genetically synthesized 'DA Black'.

The main focus is placed upon a Terrorist group, a small but well trained 5-man cell. All 5 have a torn and rugged past, but share one common trait: their unparalleled hatred of Britannia. It also places focus upon deception and a small side story of how the Elevens try to restore their Country's former glory, starting from the Ghetto.
Duke of Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote