View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 20:33   Link #48
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I think I'm gonna drop this. This show has really waned on me since the new game started. I just can't take how Kirito has been just given all of this power in a new game and can practically do whatever he wants(least that's what it feels like). At least in SAO, it felt like, despite being a beta tester, he had to work from the ground-up to become as strong as he did, and with inherit major risks(because traveling solo in an mmo is tantamount to suicide). Here, he's just given all this power. True enough, he did 'earn' his power from SAO, but the way he just can oppose anything he wants because of this strength coming into a new game really feels like cheating.
Sigurd backed down because if he killed an unarmed and defenceless player, his reputation would drop a lot. In games reputation means a lot, nobody wants to party with someone like that, which would isolate him from other players.

In terms of skills and perhaps levels (if they apply in ALO) he may be ahead of other players, but in the end he still has to free Asuna. To free her, he has to get past Sugou, who is basically the administrator of ALO like Heathcliff, beyond any player,and can give himself e.g. [Immortal Object] status. His strength (game stats) won't mean much if he can't rescue Asuna.