View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 19:56   Link #25
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
She's living with these people day and night. She's conversing with them regularly, and they're paying very close attention to her and constantly giving her advice/admonishments on how to talk to others and avoid misunderstandings. I think it's been... what, months now? Certainly weeks at the very least.

If she has no mental conditions, she should by now be picking up on the manner of speech and ways of conveying yourself that she sees from the people around her. But I see little-to-no sign that she has done so.
Who are they? Nanami and pushable Sorata?

More importantly, you keep missing something: If someone does not want to change or does not feel the need to change, they wouldn't change. You're still assuming Mashiro is a "normal" person who would constantly adapt to her environment, which from all indications is not really the case. She will change a bit to lessen the burden of those she care about, but that's probably the limit for now, until things progress further.

Quote:
I think I've put forward good reasons for why a person could reasonably think that Mashiro has autism.
When one takes out the basic environment of the situation, then any analysis is unreasonable. Any thought process or diagnosis cannot exist in a vacuum, which your reasons amount to.

Quote:
So I take real personal offense at what you wrote here. Just so you know.
If you say so. I particularly have no problem if people feel offended when I point out things they miss.