View Single Post
Old 2004-02-26, 17:57   Link #20
Gunjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
I think it is very much justified if you actually took your time to come to the channel.

There are about a dozen bots ranging from 10mbit to 100mbit with half of their slots available, with most of them able to max out your broadband download bandwidth easily.

NoSanninWa has it right, if you download from XDCC on a chan which has several Fast bots available, you will definitely get the file within 30 minutes. Rather than waiting hours on BT.

And nowadays there are those on BT who use those clients which has 0KB/sec upload capability, or just use the ISDN mode. its becoming a trend nowadays.

We're putting the files on BT today, so you can stop your complaints :P which imo, are coming from a spoiled impatient anime fan.

We do not use our fast bots on BT because when we do, the bandwidth is almost uncontrolled and erratic. Sometimes it is split between hundreds of people, and only doing 1-5K/sec per user. Even when there are only 10 users, it still isn't able to max out.

On XDCC, one of our bots for example, AE|Herikawa, could do 10-15 300KB/sec sends at the same time. On others such as AE|Azbot, it could output 5-6MB/sec easily over XDCC with just 20-25 users.

I'd like to hear other people's opinions, and experience on both BT and XDCC, actually, I should say BT Vs Fast XDCC, it would be a more accurate comparison

BT also uses quite of bit of CPU and RAM when doing a lot of transfer, iroffer(XDCC server) on the other hand uses very little ;-)
Hmm I guess I started this (someone turned my reply into a new topic while I was at work) so I guess im the spoiled impatient fan. When the original a-e post went up it was phrased as if it was only going to be on irc and not released on torrent at all. Now personally I don't like irc fservs and xdcc give me a headache, 95% of the time i went in a channel its full of rude people who didn't want to help or chat. I'm a patient man I started getting fansubs back in the days where you'd trade tapes through the mail so waiting is of no concern with me, if they want to release it on irc first i don't care, i jsut perfer to use torrent so i'll wait I only get concerned when it dosent come to bittorent at all. As for the waiting hours for a file on bittorent i average 45~55 minutes on a file with bittorrent only slightly slower than a fast bot but the times i've used irc i spent 2x as long as that in a que waiting for the fast bot and with bittorrent I get to help distro the file where as in irc id just get and go. Now I will say i've never been in a-e's channel maybe they run it better it's just not worth the extra headache to use irc for me (i'd have to reinstall it as it is i never put it back on after my last format)
Gunjin is offline   Reply With Quote