View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 22:47   Link #117
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Naruto's version is not "half-assed". He was provided minimal tools, and little to no instruction, and managed to come up with the same technique simply requiring an extra step. There is nothing half-assed about that at all.
What do you mean minimal tools and instruction? He was taught by one of the most powerful and experienced ninjas in his country. I don't know what more you could ask for.

What Naruto's doing now is more or less equivalent to riding a bike with training wheels.

Quote:
For clarification, half-assed would be putting an oil-based paint on your shed outside without a primer. Half-assed is incompetence derived from an almost willing desire to not think things through. If anyone could be called half-assed in regards to the Rasengan, it would be Jiraiya for not properly instructing Naruto on how to form the technique. Naruto was given a task and he accomplished it. Was it less efficient than the genius who spent 3 years developing the task to begin with? Yes. But considering he spent 5 weeks, with little to no instruction, accomplishing the task, then there is nothing half-assed about what he did.
I'll be the first that it was idiotic that Jiraiya never taught Naruto how to do a one-handed Rasengan (or anything else for that matter) over the 3 year time period. As for the five week period? Eh, I don't know. I think Jiraiya wanted Naruto to figure it out on his own and let him get a good feel for it. Plus, he was busy tracking down Tsunade.

At any rate, the reason that Naruto's method is half-assed is because it's inefficient. What if Naruto doesn't have enough chakra to create a clone and a Rasengan, or what if the enemy takes out the clone as it's forming the Rasengan? It just makes Naruto more vulnerable and takes up unnecessary chakra.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote