Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Phi Brain: God's Puzzle (all seasons)
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 18:12   Link #233
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Phi Brain has been renewed for a second season!

I seriously didn't expect this, but I'm very glad. Yay!
Enjoying some of the butthurt over this that I've seen. Any time a show that isn't a community designated "best show", isn't ridiculously hyped going in and out of it's run, or is just plain low key in it's exposure overseas gets a second season the entire internet anime community freaks out about how a "shitty show" got a sequel and their pet favorite show didn't and I love it.

Maybe it got continued cause...I don't know...Sunrise actually has something resembling capital and assets and can afford to greenlight a second season of a show really quickly while other studios haven't played their financial cards right over the years and thus have to wait a bit before they can go another round with a show most of the time and really have to take every single project as a huge risk. Also while most show struggle to get up to the 26 episode mark, for Sunrise 50 episodes really isn't all that out of the ordinary even in this day and age since again...having actual capital and assets allow them to do them. It would surprise me if the producers were already holding out on the likelihood of a 50 episode kids show with the Phi Brain project and were just waiting to see if they had a reason to go ahead with it. I mean sometimes that's just how it goes....and to be honest I could see kids in Japan really digging this show and that being plenty enough of a reason to greenlight more of it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-01-18 at 18:31.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote