View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 12:47   Link #28399
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
That isn't meta-narrative.
Who said it was? I reread both my post and your post and we only ever both used "meta" and not meta-narrative. Granted I'm extremely tired so I might have missed it...

The simple point of meta is to make you think beyond the limits of the actual story. Breaking the fourth wall is as meta as you can get. If even you agree that there are elements making references to meta "outside of the meta narrative" then I don't see why this is so weird... I mean it's just like the fantasy scenes...
Fantasy scenes were always there, they only became more obvious.
Meta scenes were always there too, they only became more obvious.
In both case it's because without them becoming so fricking obvious, we never would've gotten the point.

Maria's conversations with Battler in arc 1 are almost exactly the same sort of conversation that meta-Battler and meta-Beato has in arc 2. I've said this in my previous post, I don't see how splitting hair is actually making a point. So can you see how arc 2's meta is only taking things that already existed in arc 1 and making them more obvious, or are you going to continue to split hair and see differences instead of connections between things?

So if "the content of the meta-narrative" already existed for the most part in arc 1, I don't see what'd be weird about keeping the meta in arc 2. It'd be quite the opposite. Arc without meta results in a broken arc.

Beside you haven't dealt with my other points. I'd love to understand why you (or anyone really) can doubt that the meta are in the forgeries but believe in the forgeries existing at all, considering the origin of these informations.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote