Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 15:07   Link #3305
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to control himself as nearly all his thoughts were, "that sounded realy erotic that can't be right". And the fact he is on a first name basis with her does show he is closer then just a classmate
He was forced to do that. Just like he is always forced to be around her. Has he ever voluntarily spent time with her?

Quote:
No he has tried to be there for her and at the time she chose her revenge rather then him. It isn't untill after the events of volume 4 that she starts to turn away from that path.
Spoiler for volume 2:
Er, that quote is something I should be using against you, not the other way around. He is there for Yoshino. He is begging with Origami on Yoshino's behalf. And his only wish is for her not to kill the people he is there to defend. It's still for the spirits sake not hers.

Quote:
first it has never been hinted that Kurumi became psycho from her deaths in fact it seems she is useing her deaths to drive Mana psycho. the AST had nothing to do with the Twins that was DEM. And I don't see how any of this refutes what I said She has an irrational hatred born from watching her home burn, having her parents murdered in front of her and then getting the hell beat out of her when she was 12 along with the added AST and DEM propaganda that Spirit = Evil. nor does it change she is not in command.
You said that every spirit they encountered acted hostile to them. None of them except Kurumi has. And from what has been spoiled from future volumes her whole motivation is based around preventing the other spirits from experiencing her pain.

Quote:
Just because he hasn't had the need to doesn't mean he wouldn't and while it wasn't just for her he did so at the end of volume 4.
Ok, fine. He probably would. But he hasn't yet.

Quote:
And yet thats what they do. They are Damage control pure and simple. They are like biteing ants painful and annoying enough that the Spirits go away. and its not like the ATS knows they are pulled there against their will since they don't talk to them. Origami only found out because Shidou told her.

Spoiler for volume 1:

Maybe it is because noone knows how that happened. Shidou made a big deal about it and Tohka had no clue. And the AST is under strict orders not to atack Touka because as far as the AST investagation has turned up she is not only human but one of the citizens that they have to protect. She also did ask Shidou about things, twice, once in Volume 2 and then in volume 5.

Spoiler for volume 2:
My point was how nonsensical this part is. Her commander openly states "We have no way to actually win, we just fire till it leaves." Yet for some reason Tohka not only appeared without a space quake, but is apparently no longer a spirit. They should have investigated that. Again, this is a complaint about the series, not Origami, since it's just a plot hole plain and simple.

However, my biggest complaint about her can be summed up as this. Between her and any of the spirits, who would Shidou choose to protect? The spirit or Origami? He would always, always choose the spirit.

Here's how I see it.

Tohka

First Impression:The first two times he met Tohka, she almost killed him.

Reaction: Jumps headlong into the situation to save her.

Yoshino

First Impression: She almost killed him and endangered his relationship with Tohka, then went berserk over a toy rabbit

Reaction: Get skinned alive by hail storm to return rabbit

Kurumi

First Impression: Nice at first, then psycho crazy bitch who tries to kill everyone

Reaction: Jump in front of Kamehameha level blast to save her, without token immortality

Origami

First impression: She tried to save him from Tohka

Reaction: Ignore her to save the spirits