View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 03:51   Link #5641
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I really don't think it does matter to them. At best you can say the issue they had from that was that a small time guild had the nerve to stand up to them. After all for a guild that doesn't give a damn about its members that self-image of being the best is all that matters to them. They'll even go to the extent of kicking out anyone who fails and forgetting they ever existed to protect that pride.

The attack on Lucy mirrors this. I think a very minor part of this had to do with Natsu at all. Minerva needed someone in that pool to beat on for a while to satisfy her ego. Then things went bad because that pride was tarnished by Lucy having the gall to stand up to her. If Lucy rolled over to the almighty Sabertooth she would have been fine (well as fine as she would have been anyways).

It's all a big mess anyways. Sabertooth started this mess by treating their own member as less than trash. It's sadder that it was required by an outsider to step forward and do what one of their own members should have done.

Regardless Sabertooth must not be one for history. You declare war on Fairy Tail and there isn't going to be anything left of your guild but the legends. Phantom and Grimoire Heart learned that the hard way. Though in some ways can kind of view Phantom and Sabertooth on similar levels. Both caught up with their obsession of being the strongest and not really being a group that cares that much about each other. The rise of Fairy Tail getting in the way of that view and thus the war begins. Just that this time it will be a war inside an arena.
Sabertooth seems to have that ego streak in them I think. They're so mean, or prideful, or both. Rogue seems to be the only one of the 5 seeing that. Still, I have my doubts about him, like something will snap. Or with Sting. Minerva seems awfully calculating. It's like everything is going her way.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote