View Single Post
Old 2013-05-05, 13:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 708 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

WOW! Out of nowhere we get what may be the year's earliest spoiler yet (even earlier than the GW spoilers, even)! Credit goes to Nja for the spoiler, and CCC from AP for translation:

-Chapter title is "Colosseum of Knaves". The ministory reveals that the deceased rebel leader Gaburu was the grandson of the old lady who took care of Caribou.

-Don Chinjao continues his chat with Luffy, but suddenly tries to headbutt him! It's then revealed that back when he was at his prime, he had a bounty of over 500 million. As the elder makes further attempts to attack Luffy, he gets intercepted by Cavendish, who reveals his weapon: One of the world's most renown swords, Durandal! Soon enough, the Don is restrained by both of his grandchildren, and Luffy is able to escape. However, the ruckus has now caused a rumor about Straw-Hat entering the tournament to circulate.......

-Back to the B-Block battle, the chaos continues. Blue Gilly is taking on Ricky, and the fighters Tank Lepanto, Abdullah and Jeet are all taken out (the latter two by Bellamy). Meanwhile, Bartolomeo is busy taking a piss in the ring (LOL ) when Hack ambushes him from behind! However, the fish-karate master's hand gets damaged by some seemingly invisible force, and is ultimately defeated. As the audience is shocked, the wild rookie merely chuckles to himself.....

Wow, more crazy reveals this chapter! Don Chinjao was definitely the highlight for me, though. A bounty over 500 million means he has one of the highest bounties in the series by far. My guess is that his price is a bit lower than Ace's, though. Cavendish having one of those legendary swords is interesting, but I'm more fascinated by Barto than him right now. It seems like the dude may already have a DF power considering how he took out Hack. And if that's the case, I wonder why he entered the tournament in the first place? Nonetheless, he's most definitely one of the potential winners of B-block at this rate (the only others aside from him I see advancing at this point are Ricky and Bellamy)......

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-05-08 at 14:03.