View Single Post
Old 2009-06-13, 07:40   Link #20
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraemon View Post
Chinese and South Korean's heinous crimes in Japan are numerous.
There is no day when Chinese and South Korean's crimes are not seen with the tv and the newspaper.
The Japanese has thought that water and safety are free for a long time.
The Japanese feels that it is a threat very much that the common sense collapses.
Can you explain to me what does that mean? What do Chinese and Koreans have anything do with water and Japanese common sense? And can you provide me evidences of those crimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
No. We don't need a thread on it, as evident by the discussion as it has unfolded already.

Simply put - WW2 was a very long time ago.
There's a "handful" of people who were alive when it happened, other than that it's a tragic event that happened in the history books. Just like no amount of apologizing has "redeemed" America for slavery, or Germany for its crimes, or numerous other countries for theirs, no amount of discussion on these forums will provide much fruit either.

Bad things happened. Instead of playing the blame game, accept what happened, work towards preventing it from happening again, and find some common ground with your neighbors to strengthen your bonds. You'll find that people really aren't that different once you get to know them a little bit.

So, lets get back to the topic of this thread, which is discussion about Japanese culture.
Not that long ago, my grandparents they are still alive( and my grandma is right across the living room from me right now) and they lived during the Japanese occupation of Korea.
Also I would think talking about what Japanese during the war and some of the problems in their current society is related to their culture. This isn't a blame game we all know what happened. I would think discussing about this is a step for East Asians to understand each other and be more accepting to each other.