View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 14:57   Link #52
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I only read about 7 or 8 chapters. Plot-wise, it's more or less the same, just some tweaks and cutting off some jokes from the banter between the characters. But from what I heard, there are some bigger changes later, such as Ai and Hime almost simultaneously appearing in the manga. In the novels, Hime debuts in v2 and Ai debuts in v3.
Well, Ai is more like Cameos rather than an actual introduction. The manga is past the part where...

Spoiler:

And we still don't know her name nor grade nor anything; they have only been abusing her as a cameo. In fact, in the tankoubon release she even showed up before Hime, but didn't have any speaking role, she was just eyeing the club from the shadows. She'll probably only get a formal introduction and interactions with the cast when it's her turn; they are probably only trying to add more realism to "the disciple committee is getting in the way" thing

Spoiler:

About the adaptations, well; it's like the most normal thing for them to cut off the humor. In fact I feel that pretty much every adaptation that I follow shafts like 50% of the jokes, specially if they have no relation with the plot and stuff. More than anything, that's just because LN are simply too massive for other medias. Heck, Papaki even got a full season dedicated to a single volume and they freaked cut some content off

And lastly, the +H manga art is definitely not superior to the main series nor the LN. Characters age looks more advanced than in the other versions, and "that's cool", but the artist just has these quality down moments that are completely hideous. I mentally think that everyone is Rubber Soul and I leave it that (and yes, I had to go off with a Jojo reference )