View Single Post
Old 2009-04-17, 11:36   Link #4292
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well, having not read the novel, I cannot comment on that, but the very fact that it is not considered canon is a point you yourself admit. The key word is your perception of Cornelia which may not match what the writers of the anime have intended. I also can say I agree with X material because it fits into my perception of X character but that does not validate it what so ever.
I was just trying to make my perception of her more clear by using the novel as an example.
But actually, some of the stuff in there makes a lot of sense, and I don't think the writer - however talented - made it all up. Can't say what is canon and what is artistic freedom, but the guy seems to have an incredibly good grasp on the characters most of the time. Not that I agree with everything, but I wouldn't put it on the same "not canon level" as certain other material.

Quote:
You stipulated that Cornelia was ruthless and that if the situation was reversed, she would expect the same in kind. However I pointed out the fallacy in that statement in regards to how she was presented through her actions. Revenge for Clovis who himself was cleansing a ghetto and killing who knows how many would be moot if Cornelia really thought like that as it was perfectly acceptable to kill the enemy commander. The very fact that Cornelia wanted revenge means that she does expect to be treated differently under the same circumstances or at the very least, did not accept those same things happen to her.
And I say that revenge is not justice, and that you can yearn for revenge while knowing you are not an innocent victim.
That's humans for you.