View Single Post
Old 2012-05-26, 11:50   Link #115
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I don't know about that. My recollection was that Vista was relatively scratch free in the summit war and successfully intercept/interrupted Mihawk's advance. I don't remember Mihawk just brush away Vista like nothing.
I was referring to this part where Mihawks mind was still on Luffy while fighting a guy like Vista:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7RQVSbxezA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Further reasoning as to why I feel Shiliew will beat Mihawk later on is because of BB's DF hunting spree. BB is going for the best DFs, and naturally that would mean that the phoenix and diamond abilities would be on his hit list. It's reasonable to infer that the remnants of the WB pirates will run into the BB pirates and have a showdown. Of course, they'll end up losing/getting killed and that's when BB will seize the opportunity to steal Marco's and Jozu's abilities. Whether he'll assimilate those into himself is something to consider/ponder about, but if not, there's always the option of giving those abilities to his crewmates. Personally, I see the diamond ability being perfect for Shiliew. During the war at Marineford, Mihawk failed to even lay a scratch on Jozu's diamond body which may be an indication that he can't cut diamond. And if that's the case, that's all the more reason for him to lose to Shiliew should they encounter one another. Seeing as how Zoro and Shiliew are going to inevitably clash much later on, Zoro defeating Shiliew would undoubtedly make the former the world's strongest swordsman (and by extension, surpass Mihawk: his mentor).
Although I agree with that Shiliew represents a potential final opponent for Zoro, I cannot exclude the possibility that Mihawk is going to be killed by the whole BB crew instead of getting owned in a one-on-one battle, i.e. Mihawk could end up like Edward Newgate, getting overrun by a bunch of notorious pirates with sneakiest kind of tricks up their sleeve. Not to mention how insanely powerful they will be after taking possession of those puissant DFs.