View Single Post
Old 2007-12-29, 23:50   Link #192
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I disagreeeeeee! She hasn't really achieved much in my opinion, but help worsen the situation. As Leader, figurehead or not, She should have been aware of the people's feelings regardless. In a place known for extreme fanatisims, and violence she can't just make outragoues decisions even if they benefit the country.

She had to have known that a civil war was possible, with or without Ali's intervention. She chose to allow outsiders into her country, or should i say her peoples country? I find it hard to believe that she didn't expect people to be in an uproar no matter how silly their beliefs maybe. How can you rule over people when you don't seem to sympathize with them, and I'm not referring to her followers, but the other divided factions with in the nation.

What's good for the geese isn't always good for the gander, so in other words, the decisions she thought was best, clearly wasn't best for the people, which is why their is a civil war.

Of course she could become strong, and blow Relena out of the water. We'll see though.
The problem with this philosophy is that it's letting the fanatics control your actions. She took actions that she thought was best for the majority of citizens of her country. I'm sure she sympathizes with the other factions. However, those same factions have to offer a viable alternative over the status quo.

Quite frankly, with the stagnant economy, her country was bound to collapse without foreign aid, in my opinion.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote