View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 19:24   Link #148
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I started out being a fan of RankaxAlto, but damnit they have just consistently fleshed out sheryl's character that I couldn't help but turn traitor...

Ranka just feels too shallow character depth wise and not a complete person...Whereas sheryl always comes off as her own unique being full of vibrant energy. Best way I can phrase it I guess is that Sheryl exhibits more qualities of a woman in love enjoying life, whereas ranka seems to be the silly schoolgirl with a crush...

Heres hoping the next episode is the start of a trend for ranka becoming alittle less two dimensional.
Actually I agree....LOL, it's odd to be posting in animesuki again when I used to be a regular in the Mai Hime section a LONG time ago.

But anyhow...I keep getting this KOR (Kimagure Orange Road) vibe with Sheryl as Madoka being the "good friend" and pushing and supporting Alto and Ranka when all this time she's been secretly pining her him as well. And for those who are familiar with KOR would know who won out in the end...

....but then again, that's just my take on things and may not necessarily be accurate.

I guess the thing that makes Sheryl so attractive is her intense drive and professionalism as others have stated. I LOVE the fact that she doesn't play this damsel in distress.

I'm completely sick of females portrayed in such a "needy" light....*shrugs*...perhaps I myself am living vicariously through Sheryl LOL....I just love that she doesn't take crap from anyone.

On a rather different note....I've never been into the whole"Moe/Cute" factor so Sheryl is VERY refreshing. It's like Tsundere Candy...hard on the outside and soft on the inside Hahaha!

But back on topic, I watched this episode yesterday and found it enlightening. I'm a bit intrigured with Brere at the moment and desire to know more about him...especially that jewel that Leon received...I just immediately thought of Sheryl.

I've been a Macross Head since 1982 but I admit there are a lot of details about the universe that I had forgotten...i think it's time for me to review a lot of stuff....LOL, I still have those original Macross clamshells lying around...maybe I should just invest in the DVD version.

I too had to rewatch some parts of Macross Zero to prepare for this episode and it was a hoot! Anyhow, this latest installment from Kawamori-san has exceeded my expectations so I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Oh well...sorry for spamming this side of the forum with my useless comments....just wanted to comment on how enamored I am with the series at the moment. I just feel that this is such an excellent homage to the original.

Perhaps I'll try to be a regular here from now on....the Mai Hime forum is pretty dead right now hence the reason why I haven't visited animesuki as much .

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

===================
Lone Wolf's blog of NatShiz
http://ippikiookami.squarespace.com