View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 10:52   Link #326
miketyson

Vena: the Zessica-events I'm thinking of are all her unnaturally tensing up. From memory:

Ep 1: when Kagura's mech is prancing around on the ground Zessica lets go of the controls, clutches herself, and says something along the lines of (ano kedamono no you na ... ikikata? I think it was). To me her reaction seemed out of place, and with my wikipedia-derived superficial knowledge of genesis I thought there might be something to it...(only to have her disappear for many subsequent episodes).

Ep-whatever: during the invasion arc when Zessica blasts Kagura away from Amata and Mikono she's similar got that stiff-body, clenched teeth going on. Obvious interpretation: terrified that Kagura might kill Amata. Possible alternate interpretation: involuntary past-life bad memories surfacing?

This ep: that momentary deer-in-headlights look while Kagura rushes straight past her, with (shock? surprise?) that he just runs by? Obvious interpretation: frightened by frightening situation. Possible alternate interpretation: more past-life memories momentarily bubbling up?

As you can see, these are more along the lines of "*if* she turns out to be the real Sylvie, you could go back and interpret them as subtle clues", but they're really just small things that don't mean much of anything in isolation (and, e.g., could be someone other than Sylvie's memories bubbling up...).

kuromitsu: if anything, Alisia's story may turn out to be something of a reversal of the original myth, no? Did she crossed over to save another world out of love...