View Single Post
Old 2007-02-14, 16:27   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Maybe you know Kyoto Animation isn't big on maintaining the original look and feel of their adapations as people seem to think. It seems to me they do whatever they think will make the series popular, such as replacing the audio drama cast with whoever is popular right now. When I saw the drama list didn't include any of Kyoto Animation's darlings and actually had people I like in it, I wondered how long it would take for them to replace every good voice actor with the trendiest people out there as I can see right through Kyoto Animations glossiness to the lack of any creative substance underneath.

This, lends credence to my theory that studios are going to be horribly abusing Aya Hirano's popularity in years to come (I mean its no wonder she's getting ill, I'd hate to be in her position). Not impressed with this company, they are honestly killing the medium for me. In fact I've hated them for the longest time for their blatant over-pandering to the desires of fans (I'm actually red with fury just thinking about how much I hate what Kyoto Animation is doing). Overeaching to fans kills creativity just as much as not caring about the fans does. I'm glad people here are starting to question things that studios do a bit more though, rather than automatically accept cast replacement simply based on the fact that the replacements are currently very popular, we have a healthy dose of skepticism from people (why people are surprised I'm not sure as Kyoto Animation is the ultimate do whatever is popular company in the industry, only topped by Capcom's habits in the video game realm). Well I hope people judge the series on its true merits (as it does look incredibly right down my alley, loli's and video games and whatnot), rather than by the fact that Kyoto Animation is doing it and Aya Hirano is in it (Two things likely to be mentioned at least 10000 times once its aired, one of the other main reasons I tend to dislike the presence of either of the two in a production as suddenly the thread no longer becomes Lucky Star, but Kyoto Animation produced show with Aya Hirano...Discuss. I think people know what I mean). I also have to wonder why Aya Hirano hasn't realized what a tool she's become for the industry (again I really pity her for being so overworked, she didn't ask for this).

And To Kyoto Animation wherever you may be, if you want my respect you have to earn it through creativity. I've seen creativity in the form of Sunrise and Bones and Kyoto Animation, you sir are no Studio Bones.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-02-14 at 17:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote